Sarah White, Principal
June 24, 2019
24-Hour Attendance Line: 425.408.4410.
Save the Dates!
Calendar Link: https://eastridge.nsd.org/our-school-clone/calendar
The East Ridge office will be closed the month of July.
Campus and playground closed 6/26-8/12.
Summer office hours: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Beginning Monday August 12th.
Dear East Ridge Family,
As the 2018-19 school year ends, I am so grateful! It is such an honor to be part of this incredible educational community. The many hours of volunteer time, the dedication of parents and staff members, our eager student learners, and the efforts of ALL to make this the best school it can be for everyone, are all part of our success. The learning that happens each day in and out of the classrooms is powerful. I am truly thankful to be able to serve the community as principal. Thank you for all you did to help this year be so productive!
The students leaving this year as fifth graders are the kindergarteners who started just six years ago. They are ready to spread their wings and fly away, and with them, they will take a little bit of many different parts of East Ridge. Dedicated staff, countless parent volunteers, and supportive families have all had a role in these students’ success and preparation for their future. At East Ridge we work hard to prepare them to leave us, and when they do, we know they are ready!
We have a few staff members also ready to spread their wings and move on to a new phase in life. Tamra Erickson, Dierdre Flaherty, and Missy Giacomi are moving on to new positions at Timbercrest Middle School next year. Jarmila Noid-Liebrock will be focusing all of her time at Timbercrest next year also. Dan Oie will be teaching music at Kenmore Elementary next year. Sam O’Shields is moving with her family to Minnesota. JoAnn Chan is looking forward to traveling and other new opportunities. Rae Anne Jordan, Sandi Long, Nan Lucke, and Cindi Wright are retiring. Each of these members of our staff is truly leaving behind a legacy of love for learning, teaching and service.
We are excited to have a few new staff join us next year:
- Madison Peterson will be teaching kindergarten next year. Madison has taught kindergarten at Bear Creek Elementary for the last two years, and taught in the Quincy school district before that.
- Katie Morris will be teaching second grade next year. Katie has taught first and second grade at Bear Creek for many years, and prior to that was a literacy staff developer in the Snoqualmie School District.
- Kristen Simpson will be teaching PE full time at East Ridge next year. Previously, Kristen taught PE part time at East Ridge, Bear Creek and Hollywood Hill.
- Carol Michel will be our school psychologist. Carol has been the psychologist at our Sorenson Early Learning Center for many years, and now also will be with us. Carol’s own children attended East Ridge many years ago!
We are still in the process of hiring for several positions and I will have more staffing news to share with our community in August.
Have a marvelous summer. During the summer months, I will miss the excitement of having our students, families and staff at school. Be safe, play hard, and as always, spend lots of time together as a family and with friends building those lifetime memories!
Back to School - Things to Know…
- New Student Tour: Thursday, August 29th from 2:00-2:45 pm. Meet in the Gym.
- Meet the Teacher, Thursday, August 29th, from 3:00 – 4:00 pm. Come meet your teacher, see the campus and drop off your school supplies.
- The first day back to school will be September 4th, for grades 1-5.
- Class placement letters will be mailed to you. You should expect to receive the class assignment by the end of August. Please do not ask for this information in advance.
- Bus routes and stops will be posted on the E-Link 2 weeks before school starts. Bus routes will not be mailed out. http://versatrans.nsd.org/elinkrp/Students/BasicTransBoundarySearch.aspx
- A basic Student Supply List will be available on our website. Please wait until after school has started to buy supplies other than those on the list.
- The school office will be closed the month of July and will reopen on Monday, August 12th.
- Children without up-to-date immunizations may not enter school. State law does not allow for a grace period.
ASB Food Drive
To Eastridge Elementary students, families and staff,
On behalf of the Woodinville Storehouse Food Bank, and the clients we serve each week, we want to thank you for your very generous response during your recent food drive. Over 600 pounds of food is amazing. The items you collected will help us to meet the needs of our community throughout the summer.
As a nonprofit, we are totally dependent on the good will and donations from our local community. Your contributions are very much appreciated.
Thank you again for helping us to help others!
Are you moving?
If your family is planning to move out of the East Ridge service area over the summer vacation, PLEASE let the office know as soon as possible. This will help us to have a more accurate enrollment count as well as make our preliminary placement and balancing of the class/student groupings as accurate as possible.
The final report card will be mailed for each student this year on Friday, June 28th. If you have a change of address, please notify the school office as soon as possible, so that you’ll receive your report card and/or any other mailings that will come out in August. The supply list for the 2019-20 school year will be posted on the East Ridge website.
Kindergarten Start 2019-2020
The beginning of the 2019-2020 school year will be a “staggered start” for kindergartners. In a staggered start, half of the students attend school on September 9, and half on September 10. September 11, will be the first day students attend together for the first time.
Staggering the start of school allows kindergarteners to make a smoother transition to K-12 schooling. Students are better able to learn the routine of their class and get to know their teacher in smaller groups, setting them up from the beginning to feel more comfortable, confident, and excited about school.
Also, your kindergarten teacher will be contacting you this summer to schedule a 20 – 30 minute family conference. These WAKids Conferences will take place between September 4-6.
Northshore School District is serving free summer meals
The Northshore School District will serve lunch at no charge to all children who are 18 and younger this summer. Children do not have to be enrolled in the District to receive this benefit. The program will run from June 28 to August 16, Monday through Friday, except for July 4 and 5, at Northshore Middle School, located at 12101 NE 160th ST, Bothell, WA 98011. Lunch will be available from noon to 12:30 p.m. Adults may purchase meals at the regular, advertised price of $4 for lunch. All meals must be consumed at the school.
For more information about the program, please contact Northshore’s Director of Food Services, Juliana Fisher at (425) 408-7656.
Back to School Fair August 19th – Come join the fun!
The Northshore School District, in partnership with the Northshore Human Services Consortium and other human service organizations, will be holding the annual Back to School Fair, August 12th from 4-6:30 p.m. at Canyon Park Middle School, 23723 23rd Ave SE, Bothell. All ages are welcome to attend this FREE event. There will be entertainment, music, free children's ID cards and haircuts, food and drinks, children's activities and school and community resource information.