Sarah White, Principal
January 21, 2020
24-Hour Attendance Line: 425.408.4410
Save the Dates!
Calendar Link: https://eastridge.nsd.org/our-school-clone/calendar
Elementary Conference Day is February 7th.
EARLY RELEASE is 12:30 - **Note time change.
A Message from Mrs. White
Time is precious, isn’t it?
Do you ever try to save a few seconds by speeding in our parking lot?
Do you forget to look over your shoulder when pulling out of the drop off lane?
Do you ever cut across the parking lot and in between cars, instead of using the crosswalk?
While these actions may save you a few seconds, they come at the expense of student safety. At East Ridge, we have established safety procedures for our parking lot. We need all of our families to follow these procedures so that every child can safely arrive and leave school every day.
Please follow these important procedures:
- Always use a slow, parking lot speed in our parking lot. Please stay off your cell phone.
- Always pull forward as far as possible prior to loading or unloading.
- Remind your child to always wait until your vehicle stops completely before unloading or loading.
- Take the time to wait your turn so you can drop your child off and pick your child up at the curb.NEVER let your child unload from the traffic lane.
- NEVER wave to your child for him or her to cut between cars to get to your car in the traffic lane.
- Prior to pulling out of the drop off/pick up line at the curb, please check for other cars to your left and for pedestrians crossing.
- If you need to get out of your vehicle to help your child load or unload, please park and walk your child in or out, so our pick up line of cars can move efficiently and you and your child stay safe.
- Always use the crosswalk.
- Please watch your young children carefully when standing near the front of the school. The area near the curb is not a safe area for young children to play while adults visit with one another.
Last week when our parking lot was filled with snow piles and icy/slushy patches, we really appreciated everyone’s patience! Thank you!
Time is certainly precious, but I know you’ll agree that our children are way more precious! Thank you for keeping our children safe.
Sarah White, Principal
Report cards will be coming home via kid-mail on Friday, January 31st.
The District is working on streamlining the registration process and we anticipate the release of kindergarten registration shortly. Please keep checking our newsletter and website for the latest information.
Kindergarten information night for students entering the 2020-21 school year is Wednesday, March 18, 2020, at the Northshore Performing Arts Center on the Bothell High School campus at 7:00 PM.
All School Assembly
We will be having an all school assembly titled "Be the Change" to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on Friday, January 31st @ 3:10pm. The third and fourth graders will be leading the assembly and they have been studying how leaders have utilized peaceful protest to make positive changes in our world. Parents are invited to attend.
In order to accommodate working parents, we will also present the program on Tuesday, February 4th @ 7pm. Third and fourth grade students should report to the Music Room at 6:40 and the performance will be finished by 7:30. (Note: This may be subject to change if we have any more snow days which limit the time for the students to prepare!)
Save the Date for the 4th Annual BEcommunity Auction benefiting East Ridge PTA, on May 1, 2020 at McMenamins Anderson School! To learn more about ERPTA'S biggest fundraiser, visit: http://erpta.org/Page/Fundraising/BeCommunityAuction.
Families are invited to attend "Top Three Parenting Hacks to Help Your Teen Manage Emotions," a parenting workshop with Cher Anderton, MSW, LSWAIC, mental health therapist and coach. Join us on Wednesday, January 22nd, at Inglemoor High School Little Theater from 7-8:30pm.
Walk away with strategies you can use immediately for yourself and your teen. There will also be a Q&A session, so you can get your questions answered!
This event is brought to NSD by the Inglemoor High School Counseling Department and is co-sponsored by Inglemoor PTSA and Northshore Council PTSA.