Sarah White, Principal
March 3, 2020
24-Hour Attendance Line: 425.408.4410
Save the Dates!
Calendar Link: https://eastridge.nsd.org/our-school-clone/calendar
Good Afternoon East Ridge Families,
I hope this newsletter finds you well. As you know, Dr. Reid sent an email on Sunday night with information regarding next steps if there is a need for school closures. Today, school was closed so that our teachers could learn how to provide remote learning in the case of a temporary school closure. School will resume on Wednesday March 4th. We will follow the normal Wednesday early-release schedule tomorrow.
If needed during a temporary school closure, remote learning would offer students an opportunity to continue their learning outside the four walls of the classroom. Here are some important things for you to know:
- We understand that the remote learning approach may result in a hardship for any students who do not have computing devices or internet access at home. If your child does not have a device to use at home for online learning, please complete this form: https://form.jotform.com/200609371121039, and we will arrange to loan your student a computing device, and if necessary an accompanying internet hotspot.
- You will need your student’s student number to check out a device and access the online learning platform. Many students already know their student number (this is also their lunch number). You can also find your student’s student number in ParentVue under “student info” and “perm ID.” Please email your student’s teacher if your student does not know their student number.
- This may be a good time to review our district policy for acceptable use of technology. In the event we use online learning options, your child will be expected to follow district policy when engaging with district online instruction and tools, even if they are at home. Our district policy can be found here: https://www.nsd.org/our-district/departments/technology/digital-citizenship. Our school expectations to be kind, be responsible, be respectful, and be safe also apply to all online learning.
- This is also a good time to ensure that your contact information is current: At curriculum night, you should have received your ParentVue login information. Please log on and check your student’s emergency contacts. Parents need to add or change emergency contacts in ParentVue. Contacts include anyone who has permission to pick your child up from school or the bus stop (for kindergartners), this includes daycare providers.
- Your child’s teacher may decide to send home materials, including curriculum and other tools, in case of a school closure. Please support your child with taking good care of district and school property, and ensure that all curriculum and supplies are returned when school resumes.
We certainly hope that school will be able to continue as scheduled! When school is in session, we will continue to remind students to practice healthy habits of hand washing and covering coughs and sneezes. As always, we count on our families to keep their children home if they are sick. If you have questions, please reach out to your child’s teacher, our office staff, or me.