Sarah White, Principal
April 21, 2020
24-Hour Attendance Line: 425.408.4410
East Ridge Distant Learning Page:
Video Message for Parents/Caregivers from Mrs. White
Click here for a video from Mrs. White with tips for navigating distance learning with your child. This video is for parents and caregivers, not kids. Mrs. White is working on a video for kids to help them with strategies for independence with learning at home - coming soon!
Principal Office Hours
Please join Mrs. White for open “Office Hours.” This is a time for families to drop in to ask questions, provide feedback, or just say hi! You don’t have to stick around for the whole session. If you have children in more than one grade, join the session that works for you. If your child’s grade session date/time doesn’t work for you, you may join the session that works for your schedule.
Kindergarten families: Wednesday, April 22nd, 4:30-5:30pm*
1st grade families: Thursday, April 23rd, 4:30-5:30pm*
2nd grade families: Monday, April 27th, 4:30-5:30pm*
3rd grade families: Tuesday, April 28th, 4:30-5:30pm*
4th grade families: Wednesday, April 29th, 4:30-5:30pm*
5th grade families: Thursday, April 30th, 4:30-5:30pm*
*To view Zoom Links, Meeting IDs and Passwords, first sign in with your child’s NSD Google account, then click HERE. (Sign in required in order to protect the privacy of these Zoom meetings and prevent unauthorized people from disrupting our meeting.) We will also be emailing families the Zoom Links on the day of the session.
ASB Spirit Days Coming Up!
Join us for upcoming Spirit Days brought to you by the East Ridge ASB!
Please take a moment to review your students’ attendance on ParentVue or StudentVue. If something does not look right, please let us know and we will work to correct it. To report your student absent or to let us know they did make an attempt to participate, contact attendance (email@example.com).
Mail to East Ridge
Due to isolation protocols in effect, East Ridge is not currently receiving US mail. It is all being stored at the District office until the office at East Ridge can be opened. If you need to get ahold of the office, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Kris Held (Office Manager) at email@example.com or Rae Shepherd (Secretary/Registrar/Attendance) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Input Form for Student Placement 2020-21
Later this spring, teachers will begin making class groupings for the 2019-20 school year. I can assure you that the teachers at East Ridge devote much time, effort and care in developing classroom rosters. Every child is given equal consideration in the placement process to support our goal of a positive and strong educational experience for each child. The class placement process is very comprehensive. We create classes based on the following beliefs and principles:
- Every East Ridge teacher is dedicated to providing a nurturing, positive learning community to support high academic standards and meet the learning and social needs of each child.
- Every child’s placement is important and deserves careful consideration. Classroom teachers, specialists (PE, Music, Library), learning support staff and the principal are all part of the placement process. Parent input is important and valued.
- Students will benefit from new experiences. An important life lesson for children to learn is that working with new classmates and teachers with different styles prepares them to successfully handle new experiences with confidence.
- Balanced classrooms should reflect the diversity of our society. All classes will be balanced in terms of student instructional levels, behavior, gender, learning styles, and number of students. Classroom rosters are not based on requests for particular teachers, friendship groups, neighborhoods, sports teams, or play groups.
- Due to fluctuation of enrollment in a given grade, we may have combination grade classrooms (classrooms with students from multiple grade levels). Combination grade classrooms are balanced in the same manner as single grade classrooms, with a broad range of social, academic, and heterogeneous groupings.
If you have information you would like considered in the placement process, please fill out this electronic form: https://forms.gle/zJrEN4Trg2zBdLyXA
We want what is best for your child. Students thrive when parents and teachers work together to provide the best learning opportunity for all children. We truly value and appreciate your partnership.
Kindergarten Registration Open
Kindergarten registration has opened. Please register your student ASAP and encourage your friends and neighbors who have kindergarten-age children to register. The earlier families register, the earlier we can secure the number of kindergarten teachers we need!
Registration is online at: https://www.nsd.org/schools/get-started/enrollment. There are also registration packets available in the East Ridge office if you do not have access to the internet.
Children entering kindergarten in September 2020 should have turned five years old by August 31, 2020. If you have questions, please email Rae Shepherd at email@example.com.
How to Clean your Tech!
Our technology department has recommended the following for basic cleaning of technology equipment including computers and mobile devices (Laptops, Desktops, Chromebooks, iPad, etc…):
- Basic cleaning, use Windex Multi-surface VINEGAR cleaner and microfiber cloths.
- Other chemical based cleaners, such as ammonia based ‘regular’ windex, can damage the coating on surfaces.
- Spray the cleaner ON A CLOTH and use the lightly dampened cloth to clean the screen.
- Use a dry microfiber cloth on the keyboard.
- Do not spray the cleaner directly on to computer keyboards or screens.
- Do NOT use any other disinfectants or sanitizers on technology equipment unless directed to do so by Technology Staff or District Administration.
- Encourage students to wash hands before /after technology use.
- Keep food and drinks away from technology.
East Ridge PTA General Membership Meeting
May 12, 7pm - 2020-2021 Officer Elections
Zoom Meeting ID: 754 7243 6964 Password: 625897
Join us on Zoom to elect our ERPTA officers for next year! Board positions are still open!
President - OPEN
Secretary - OPEN
Treasurer - Mitchell Zimberg
VP Events - OPEN
VP Programs - (Ira) Buddy Mandell
VP Fundraising - Annette Beaven
VP Communications & Publications - Lori Burkman
Inclusivity & Special Ed. Chair - Tanya O'Rourke
Membership Chair - Cassie Curry
Hospitality Chair - Susana Turner
All PTA members are eligible to vote. Please contact the Nominating Committee at
firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the 2020-2021 Board.
Staff Appreciation Week May 4-8
ERPTA Staff Appreciation Committee is excited to recognize and celebrate all of our wonderful staff! Be on the lookout for more information about how your family can participate!
Our BECommunity Auction scheduled for May 1 at McMenamins has been cancelled. Thank you to our auction committee and volunteers for planning what would have been a great event and to our sponsors for supporting the East Ridge community!